UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2020, 1:33 pm   #1
Christoffrad
Hexode

Default Blaupunkt CR-8010 8mm Camcorder service info?

Anyone got service info on this 8mm camcorder?
At the very least I'd like to be able to get the tape out!
After storage for 20 years it attempted to come on. The deck mechanism was trying to turn but sounded laboured I made the mistake of holding the 'operate' button on. for a short time the image screen illuminated (no picture) then there was a slight burning smell, a little puff of smoke and that was it!

Probably not worth repairing but may be good to remove the cassette.

Any ideas please?
Chris
Old 30th Jul 2020, 3:18 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Blaupunkt CR-8010 8mm Camcorder service info?

That's likely to be a Sanyo or Samsung in disguise. Probably some SMD capacitors that have died and leaked. As you suspect, no point in carrying on, though I think you'll need some ingenuity to get the tape out!
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 3:17 am   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

Even though Blaupunkt sometimes bought from other OEM's this very much looks like a Panasonic (their goto partner for video).
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 11:51 am   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Did Panasonic do 8mm?
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 12:03 pm   #5
TIMTAPE
Octode

The cassette can often be removed by externally powering the load motor for a few seconds but it involves partially dismantling the camcorder to access the motor terminals.
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 11:41 pm   #6
Maarten
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Anorak View Post
Did Panasonic do 8mm?
I didn't think so either, but from this one it seems so. I spotted Panasonic part numbers in pictures.

In this listing, the charger dock and the user manual clearly carry Panasonic part numbers: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blaupunkt-C...-/202913084660

Also the head drum that Aswo sells for this model, also has a Panasonic part number in its picture.

Even stranger, though I didn't yet find any solid proof for this, I now suspect Panasonic might have even been the first 8mm manufacturer as an OEM for Kodak. If anyone can come up with labels, manuals and other details for those models, it would be very interesting.

Last edited by Maarten; 3rd Aug 2020 at 11:50 pm.
Closed Thread