UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jun 2020, 2:54 pm   #1
ricksteptoe
Pentode

Default Weak ringing

I have an on-going problem with the ringing on my Plusnet (BT) landline. we have two normal phones and one multi unit handsfree. For some months now an incoming call will trigger a normal ring in the handsfree and the modern 746 clone, but the bell1a only tinkles continuosly, today all the modern phones are silent, and I still only have a tinkle on the 200.

No wiring has been disturbed and the line is working normally regarding speech and outgoing calls. We are about 1.5 miles from the exchange with overhead cables.

If anyone has any ideas as to the cause and cure I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Rick.
Old 9th Jun 2020, 3:27 pm   #2
198 kHz
Triode

Default Re: Weak ringing

There are some pretty clued up guys on the Plusnet forum, which is also contributed to by the staff.
Old 9th Jun 2020, 3:37 pm   #3
ricksteptoe
Pentode

Default Re: Weak ringing

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
Regards,

Rick.
Closed Thread