UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2019, 10:38 am   #1
Sacul12
Diode

Default BT Decor 1200 handset

I bought this Decor 1200 secondhand and have stopped the play around the connectors which tended to make it cut out. However, it still cuts out occasionally whilst on a call, solved by tapping the headset on a hard surface. I suspect a loose connection inside the headset.

Does anyone know how to open it up? There is a central screw but when I remove it, the two halves won't shift, and I don't want to damage the slightly brittle casing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191211_093636.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	195177  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 3:25 pm   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: BT Decor 1200 handset

Hello and welcome.

I have a recollection of opening a similar handset by placing it face down on a solid surface and pushing down. The flexing of the plastic shells tend to release the clips at the two ends allowing you to pry them apart with a tool or maybe just your fingers. Obviously if it's brittle, it will be a judgment call as to how much pressure to apply.
Old 11th Dec 2019, 3:59 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Doing it while it's warm will reduce the risk of things breaking.
Old 12th Dec 2019, 9:42 pm   #4
Sacul12
Diode

Thanks, will work on these suggestions.
Closed Thread