UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 25th Nov 2020, 3:55 pm   #141
Rich400
Tetrode

Default Re: Adding a selectable line input to valve radiogram

Hi all some great posts there.
I’ll just reaffirm that the mods I have discussed and implemented here are working well, and I have no intention of breaking into the internal circuitry of the amp. All inputs will be channeled through the original 3 pin input socket. The signal conditioning through this from each source has been done externally and is effective.
I would like to thank the forum posters that have helped with this, my experience in electronics is not audio based. I have learned a significant amount of how these systems work with yesterday’s technology and have used this applied with what I know to achieve my goal!
The most important element of this has to be how to remove the live chassis element and I now have all the necessary components to fit now the ext and phono signals have been successfully completed. It’s nice to know there are in the main helpful people out there, and hopefully the ‘jobsworths’ have not been too put out when their suggestions are not appropriate.
If it is still of interest I will update the site with photos of the completed mods when the final parts are assembled.
It has been an absolute pleasure doing this project and although I know electronics I am no enthusiast, but I have enjoyed this and the kind support in the main offered here.
Regards
Richard
Rich400 is offline   Reply With Quote