UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Aug 2020, 2:59 pm   #1
JamieEC
Tetrode

Default Panasonic KX-T1416 Answer Machine Remote Control

Hello All,
If you are familiar with these machines you will know they use a remote controller to listen to messages over the phone. I have found a remote with the same code as my answer machine, however it doesn't do anything when pressed during the OGM. Does anyone remember these machines and if I am doing this correctly? I cannot find much info about these online, so if anyone has any manuals that would be appreciated.

Also, if i press the playback button before the OGM the machine stops whilst the button is pressed.

Thanks in advance
Old 28th Sep 2020, 4:20 pm   #2
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Re: Panasonic KX-T1416 Answer Machine Remote Control

Don't know if this excerpt from the technical manual will help, sorry don't have the service manual.

CIRCUIT OPERATION;
The codes are set by bringing pins 61-64 of the cpu IC1 to either a high or a low. These four terminals (pins 61-64) establish a 4 bit binary number. As a result, 16 different codes are possible (0000, 0001, 0010, 0011,... 1110, 1111). Only 11 codes are actually utilized. A high level is attained by connecting with a jumper, one of four designated terminals (pins 61-64) to Vcc, pin (32) of the cpu. A low level is created by omitting the jumper.
A high level corrosponds to 5.4v where a low level:0v.
For example, the code "E0101" (the prefix "E" is not relevant to the code) would be set as follows: pin 64 high, pin 63 low, pin 62 high and pin 61 low. Code: B (Prefix B~N) 4Bit Binary Code (0010~1110)
Refer to the service manual, page 16 for details about the Pickup Remote Controller Code Circuit.

It might be worth checking that the binary code setting pins on both the hand unit and answer machine are as per the labelling would indicate, especially if you don't know the equipments previous history.
Dave
Old 28th Sep 2020, 4:33 pm   #3
JamieEC
Tetrode

Thanks for the response. Do you have any more info/documents/sources from where that info came?
Yes I have checked these and still no luck. I did change the code on the remote and the sound didn't seem to differ much, only by about 25hz if i recall. Was using PC audio software to check it.
Thanks
Jamie
Old 28th Sep 2020, 4:50 pm   #4
G6ONEDave
Octode

All I have is the Panasonic Technical Manual, which descibes how the KX-T1406 and KX-T1416 function. There is not a complete schematic with component values as such, just circuit sections to help with description of how each stage works. If you would like copy of this manual PM your email to me. This manual is not the Service Manual so does not have component part order codes or values etc.
Dave
Closed Thread