UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 23rd Mar 2024, 12:07 pm   #1
paul farn
Triode

Default Lopt

What would be a suitable check for intl diodes diode-split device? No reading on tester at eht outlet(transformer out of cct). Should be about 30V if OK. Primary seems to be ringing as viewed on 'scope.
paul farn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2024, 11:50 am   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Lopt

In my experienec there's no easy check for a shorted diode other than replacing the transformer.

I assume the LOPT was deemed faulty when in the TV?

What TV is it out of? That might help. For example the old Thorn 1691 mono portable was able to be repaired by the addition of a series diode following the internal shorted component - a common repair back in the day. Of course in a large screen colour set that's not an option.
Old 26th Mar 2024, 5:19 pm   #3
paul farn
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Anorak View Post
In my experienec there's no easy check for a shorted diode other than replacing the transformer.

I assume the LOPT was deemed faulty when in the TV?

What TV is it out of? That might help. For example the old Thorn 1691 mono portable was able to be repaired by the addition of a series diode following the internal shorted component - a common repair back in the day. Of course in a large screen colour set that's not an option.
Yes, doubt if these are obtainable now. From a Toshiba 28n 03b. Looks like end of the road but I'll keep the chassis for spares, if anyone wants some. Tube was OK.
paul farn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2024, 11:19 am   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Always worth trying HR Diemen - they still hold some stock for older items.