UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jul 2022, 7:57 pm   #21
maxwell
Triode

Default Re: 1960's Tube Train control gear in Secrets of the London Underground

Just seen the latest "Power" edition of this programme, very interesting from an electrical engineers point of view as I worked as a contractor for LUG back in the 1970s. Lucien gave an excellent demonstration of his MAR. Must have been an H&S headache to set up but well worth the inclusion in the programme.
Cheers.
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 8:51 am   #22
Roger Ramjet
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell View Post
Just seen the latest "Power" edition of this programme, very interesting from an electrical engineers point of view as I worked as a contractor for LUG back in the 1970s. Lucien gave an excellent demonstration of his MAR. Must have been an H&S headache to set up but well worth the inclusion in the programme.
Cheers.
Yep I watched it on CH5 last night & fully agree with Maxwell..... nice one Lucien ! Can't wait for next week when they feature signalling which is my favoroute topic.
Rog
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 11:42 am   #23
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I think you must mean the Yesterday Channel there Roger. I saw the Greenwich program listed but channels are limited here on the Ramsbottom/Winter Hill Relay in the valley. I will try to view 0n line. Ch 5 did have another excellent scenic railway program last night followed by a documentary on the Lancaster Bomber. A visit to a crash site revealed a surprising amount of wreckage but there wasn't much radio related info. The importance of this aircraft to the war effort was emphsised very strongly along with crew losses. When the R1155 RX was very high profile on here a decade or so ago it was pointed out that the sets would only be in service for about 6 weeks on average. A sobering thought

Dave W.
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 12:21 pm   #24
peter_scott
Dekatron

Lucien demonstrating his portable (100kg) MAR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	260254  
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 12:58 pm   #25
Radio Wrangler

I recognise Lucien from his avatar, he's third from the left, in that cabinet....

David
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 1:06 pm   #26
peter_scott
Dekatron

One bright spark recognises another!

Peter
Closed Thread