UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2020, 10:09 am   #21
simpsons
Octode

Default Re: Sony KV1330UB

Ahh. Now I see the "horizontal lines" on your Titanic Picture. I see what you mean - horizontal bands and, not the flyback lines, backing off the screen control would cure. I didn't realise this was the fault you saw. In ignorance, I just saw the Titanic in a poor light.

I'll have to think about this.
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 1:11 pm   #22
19Seventy7
Octode

Sorry, I could’ve worded it much better. If someone said to me about “Horizontal lines” the first thing i’d think of were flyback lines, too.

Thanks
‘77
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 2:01 pm   #23
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Seventy7 View Post
Hi,

I’ve retuned the set in the way you said to, but no change. The set up is running through SCART -> RF Modulator -> TV. I’m not sure if that could be causing any upset. Funny how no other sources do this, even using the same modulator. I’ve not yet tried anything else via SCART, although. Perhaps just incompatible?

‘77
Hi,

Years ago I used to have a Teleton colour portable that had a similar decoder to your Sony (all be that the Teleton was a valved set) and this suffered the same issue with inverted colours but only when it was being fed via a modulator, connect it to the main house aerial on the roof (days before they switched off analogue) and it performed absolutely faultless!!

Cheers