UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Oct 2023, 10:44 am   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Broadcast Enginering Conservation Group.

Just received the latest issue of "Line-up" - BECG's online newssheet. My oh my, they seem to be going from strength to strength ! VR enthusiasts within an hour's drive from Hemswell's former RAF Sergeant's Mess would really, I'm sure, enjoy a visit. Perhaps do some volunteer work or offer a bit of dosh or offer some gear.
Strange that a VR enthusiast 400 miles north should be blowing their trumpet - although I'd never stayed in that particular mess, or visited, or have met any of the folk who set it up - - since 1970 I've been closely associated with a family, visited many times,(but not for 20 years now),in the nearby village of Harby - now the home of one of the BECG founders. I hear that he's held in high regard by village folk.
The other Outside Broadcast Group - MRC21 - down south - deserves similar plaudits, and receives great support from a highly regarded Forum & BVWS Stalwart - "Pamphonica" aka Jeremy Owen.
Perhaps some VR folk might say - "what's it to do with me, I'm happy enough with DAC90's & other household radios". I say - even though I've never been a TV enthusiast, get on yer bike & broaden your electronics knowledge. Those O/B groups deserve all the support they can get. As indeed, the likes of the Hack Green ARS project in Cheshire, and of course the R&TV Museum in London.

Regards, David
Closed Thread