UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jan 2021, 6:20 pm   #21

Default Re: Looking to become Ham listener

I had a couple of reasons to suggest a "good" SDR is that a) you can look at all the bands and see what you my like later on without buying loads of sets (the RSP I mentioned does 10kHz to 2GHz) and b) It is a requirement to ensure your transmissions are within the bands allowed, SDRs are remarkably accurate on frequency and give you a view of how your modulation is, although you can modulate how you like (unencrypted) it's nice to know you are not hogging the whole band.

I would have loved one when I started.

In the good old bad old days "ones (calibrated?) wavemeter" was out on loan if the authorities checked up on you!

Old 15th Jan 2021, 6:58 pm   #22
HECTOR63
Banned

Many thanks for the Offer Sparky-Ive posted PM for you in reply.

Cheers
Old 15th Jan 2021, 8:18 pm   #23
HECTOR63
Banned

Sparky

Okay thought in for a penny out for a pound etc and gave it a quick spin earlier c/o the list etc-Amazing 5 mins of cautions entries a bit of a dabble and its all ticketey boo and done some memory entries and logs etc upon tuning tests and guessing at tuning points and general operation and I have to say I'm incredibly impressed at how quick with just a PC and nothing else needed at this time to be able to take some activity appreciation and learn so much in 30mins of dabbling! Wonderful stuff
So I shall carry on over the next few days with fascinations underway and start to look more into hardware etc for practical's etc but very credible and so many thanks for the advices with this and again to all the folks helps with the links that I'm following up on to.

Cheers
Closed Thread