UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jan 2021, 8:55 pm   #1
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default '... not Mooring the Lusitania', and other phrases that stick -- and why?

For some reason, I woke up with a phrase in my head that I'd read with amusement on this forum - but years ago!

It goes something like this. 'You're soldering a resistor to a tag-strip, not mooring the Lusitania! -' one forum member to another (not me). Can anyone remember saying this?

I'd never heard of the Lusitania at the time but the image amused me. I imagined it was being repeated by someone who had heard it when much younger / in apprenticeship many years ago. And now it was time to make sure the phrase didn't disappear.

So, what catch-phrases (relevant in some way to what this forum is about) have you collected or do you use, and where did they come from?
Old 8th Jan 2021, 9:15 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: '... not Mooring the Lusitania', and other phrases that stick -- and why?

Mentioned here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...&postcount=187

Catch phrases are not a suitable subject for discussion in the forums though.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread