UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jul 2021, 9:09 pm   #1
els1967
Pentode

Default PVC/silicone plastic grip fluted tubing

Sorry if this isn't appropriate so delete if required.

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm after this kind of fluted/ribbed plastic/pvc/silicone tubing as per the pic. I've searched high and low but can't find any anywhere except in a biggish size, ie around 10-15mm diameter. In any case the seller had something like 100m minimum order. I really need some about 5 or 6 mm. Has anyone ever come across it?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7126.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	238220  
Old 25th Jul 2021, 11:41 pm   #2
majoconz
Heptode

Default Re: PVC/silicone plastic grip fluted tubing

Does it have to be waterproof? I've put wires into shoe laces before now and they look pretty good. Just cut the ferrule off the end then carefully melt the end of the tube or just a quick dip into Evostik. Join all the wires together in a bit of heatshrink then they will slide easily through the shoe lace.