UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Old 30th Jan 2024, 6:55 pm   #61
PaulR
Dekatron

Default Re: 'Mend it Mark' YouTube Channel

I believe that the youtube vlogger gets more revenue if the adverts are allowed to run in full rather than skipping them when that becomes available. Just a thought to maximise his revenue.
Old 30th Jan 2024, 9:00 pm   #62
Julesomega
Nonode

Lovely video; what's more he's actually got a schematic for that DAB radio!
I wonder if you could get that telescopic aerial off with a 7/16 tubular spanner

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2024, 11:22 pm   #63
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I believe that the youtube vlogger gets more revenue if the adverts are allowed to run in full rather than skipping them when that becomes available. Just a thought to maximise his revenue.
I pay for YouTube Premium so no adverts but the creators I watch get some of that money.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Paul Stenning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2024, 10:22 am   #64
Iangebbie
Tetrode

I must admit that many of the projects Mark does, in my view are not cost effective for a normal customer, the content is good and his engineering fault tracing exceptional.
Others have tried to jump on the band waggon (My Mate XXXX) that person in my opinion has very little experience and could end up causing somebody to get hurt, issues here are people with no experience assume that he is correct and following like sheep
The biggest issue I have is, I have yet to see anyone take ESD precautions in modern day equipment (ESD Wrist strap / Snake/ Mat) on YouTube, I dread to think of the overall damage that could / will occur
Iangebbie is offline   Reply With Quote