UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jul 2022, 4:44 pm   #61
Andrewausfa
Octode

Default Re: What are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Tanuki View Post
What am I currebtly listening-to: well, in the last few days I've discovered a whole genre of 21st-century reimaginings of the sorts of stuff Tangerine Dream etc. were doing back in the late-70s usiung sequencers and synthesizers.

Today I had to do an 05:00 dawn-time journey to Bristol Airport to return the couple of dogs I've been minding while their people had to make a trip to an overseas funeral. As my down-the-M4-as-the-sun-rose playlist I had Detlef Keller's "Face Three"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHMW8BROCI

and "The Cube" by Kubusschnitt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-puRqSHKQ

both of which really bring back memories of old sequencer/synth stuff I loved from the 70s.
Have a search for 'The Soviet Space Dog Project' on Bandcamp (and YouTube). Over 30 albums of Berlin School type synths and flutes!. Andy, who is the Space Dog as such, was part of Kubusschnitt, he's re-released some of their sessions on Bandcamp. Also 'Redshift', another Berlin School influenced band (just Mark Shreeve basically).

Andrew
Old 7th Jul 2022, 4:54 pm   #62
stevehertz
Dekatron

I listen to my local radio station, Cannock Chase Radio, R4, & R2 (all FM), on my vintage sets I listen to R5 Live and R4. In terms of CDs I listen to a very wide range of stuff from Beatles, through Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Steely Dan, classic rock bands (NOT metal), Hendrix, jazz both early and modern jazz funk/fusion, modern country artists with 'hot' guitarists, blues a la SRV, Clapton, Moore, Mayer etc, and soul/funk. Oh and Sinatra and big band stuff, 'Sinatra live at the sands' being my favourite in that respect. Online I listen to mellow dinnertime jazz music as we take our evening meal.
Old 7th Jul 2022, 7:54 pm   #63
Radio Wrangler

I've got to say, this is a pointless thread, it can have no natural end. Is it supposed to have everyone promptly posting everything they listen to as time rolls on?

We've had four pages of listings and those wanting to have been able to flaunt their tastes.

It could go on forever, and do nothing useful, so let's lift the arm and bring it to a halt.

David