UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jun 2020, 10:18 pm   #1
Frisenette
Diode

Default Help identifying remembered 80s bellows shaped television, possibly Philips

It’s basically shaped like a hinged blow-bellows, like it was a flatscreen and could potentially be folded back unto itself.
Of course all pretend, in solid molded plastic.
The brand is possibly Phillips.
Anyone know the model?
Old 27th Jun 2020, 10:30 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Help identifying remembered 80s bellows shaped television, possibly Philips

Are you certain 'bellows' is the correct English word?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellows
Old 27th Jun 2020, 10:46 pm   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Help identifying remembered 80s bellows shaped television, possibly Philips

Blaasbalg is the Dutch word, the Danish word is probably similar given the English translation.

I know exactly which set you mean, it's from the 1990's, probably a 15" set with an Anubis A chassis. I'll try and find it.
Old 27th Jun 2020, 11:29 pm   #4
hans
Heptode

This one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phtv.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	209667  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 11:33 pm   #5
hans
Heptode

Type no: 14AA3324
Old 27th Jun 2020, 11:35 pm   #6
paulsherwin

Oh, right! I've never seen one of those. Maybe Philips didn't make a version for the UK market.
Old 27th Jun 2020, 11:56 pm   #7
John123
Heptode

I recall they were made in Italy. I remember seeing them used as monitors on kids TV show 'Bad Influence!' in the early/ mid-nineties.
Old 28th Jun 2020, 9:06 am   #8
Frisenette
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
Type no: 14AA3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
Blaasbalg is the Dutch word, the Danish word is probably similar given the English translation.

I know exactly which set you mean, it's from the 1990's, probably a 15" set with an Anubis A chassis. I'll try and find it.
Thank you so much guys!
This has been popping up in my mind ever since I saw it, every other year or so, but I never actually made the effort to search it out.
Great looking set.
Old 28th Jun 2020, 9:55 am   #9
jayceebee
Heptode

If you would like to own one they turn up regularly over here on eBay but obviously it will be 6Mhz intercarrier sound. I’m sure it has a scart socket so external inputs wouldn’t be a problem.

John.
Old 28th Jun 2020, 5:06 pm   #10
Maarten
Dekatron

The 6MHz version would have /05 as a suffix for the model number.
Old 28th Jun 2020, 7:49 pm   #11
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

That's right up there with the "KB Toaster". I reckon we should call it the "Philips Accordion".
Closed Thread