UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2016, 10:55 am   #1
Hermann
Retired Dormant Member

Default Bell Telephone Education Units

Hello,

This is my first post. I live in Australia.

I have been searching around trying to find some advice about two Bell Telephone Laboratory Units I purchased a couple of years ago.

Both units are mounted onto a wooden block and have all the circuitry exposed. They have power connections, microphone connections and output connections.

One is a Speech Degrader and the other is a Formant Separating Filter designed for educational purposes. They look as though they were made somewhere between the 50s and 60s. I've had them looked at by technicians and the Speech Degrader does not work. I had a battery made for the Formant Seperating Filter and the sound is weak and fuzzy.

I think they need some restoration.

Does anyone here know where I could take/send these to get them fixed? Would capacitors for these be available?

I look forward to looking around here, looks like there is so much to learn.

Thanks
Mark
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 12:03 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Bell Telephone Education Units

Is there any chance you could post pictures of them? That way, especially with the circuitry visible as you say, folk may be able to advise you on troubleshooting them.
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 9:31 pm   #3
Hermann
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Bell Telephone Education Units

Sure,

I can attach closeups if it makes things easier too.

Thanks in advance

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2450.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	118776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2449.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	118777