UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Nov 2020, 11:49 pm   #1
sexton_mallard
Hexode

Default Identify this set

Another blast from the past with a picture of yours truly in about 1975 next to a Rediffusion black and white hybrid cable TV set with push buttons and radio mode which ( I think) was via a orange push button. What model is It?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_224123.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	221394  

Less snakes...more ladders!
Old 29th Nov 2020, 3:17 am   #2
sexton_mallard
Hexode

Default Re: Identify this set

I'm assuming it MAY be based on a mk13 but I have not seen a similar set on the internet. This set was rented in London and I remember my dad running the set on its end one evening as it was the only way to get a picture! Probably a dodgy valveholder. I remember being fascinated by the glowing valves when the repair man had the back off the set which triggered a lifelong interest.

Less snakes...more ladders!
Closed Thread