UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Old 7th Nov 2023, 8:28 pm   #41
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Farnell delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
You may want the confidence of using an approved supplier for commonly faked components, though. It costs more money up-front, but then you reduce the risk of collateral damage, wasted time and the frustration of diagnosis of the problems caused. It depends on how you value time and frustration.

David
Indeed! The cheap-and-cheerful Ebay/Alibaba tat-bazaar is all very well but how many of them do proper authenticatable parts-traceability?

Parts are cheap; my time isn't. I'm happy to spend a bit more to source parts that - if they fail and cause damage (either actual or reputational) I can send a nastygram to their QA department, CC'd to the QA-accreditation auditors they identify on their website.

In times-past this has got a rather-rapid response!

One of my onetime colleagues who was of Japanese heritage had a nice term:

"Cheap is too expensive to mention here"