UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 25th Aug 2010, 5:41 pm   #1
zooterman
Retired Dormant Member

Default Database for your recordings.

I have quite a large collection of records and I used to use a database called Paradisc to list them, but it was a Doss based system and now I wanted a Windows based one, I have at last found a program which I think may be of use to you all, you can set up and design a database for different things, give it a go, go to www.DatabaseOasis.com and down load the trial, it's not cheap but it's the best I found.
Wal
Old 26th Aug 2010, 8:36 am   #2
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: Database for your recordings.

Putting my retired database designer's hat on, even a spreadsheet or Word table would do this sort of job with ease; no need to spend money on it.
Old 26th Aug 2010, 10:09 am   #3
JoshWard
Octode

Yes I have all my LPs catalogued in a simple Spreadsheet.
Old 26th Aug 2010, 5:02 pm   #4
zooterman
Retired Dormant Member

I wish I new how
Old 26th Aug 2010, 5:08 pm   #5
neon indicator
Retired Dormant Member

Download Open Office
google how to use it
Old 27th Aug 2010, 5:17 pm   #6
julie_m
Dekatron

If you're an Evil Penguin-Loving Communistâ„¢ then there's always MySQL -- it's Free and Open Source (GPL).

It's surprising how many things that you normally store in files actually work better in databases. Especially if you know a language such as Perl, PHP, Python or Java and can put together a simple front end.