UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 11th Mar 2009, 11:04 am   #1
igranic
Rest in Peace

Default Magazine Binders for 'The Bulletin' & other A4 Magazines

Looking for a sensible means of filing and protecting 'The Bulletin' (the excellent BVWS members' magazine) I found these smart and practical binders at Rymans.

They will also accept any A4-size magazine e.g. Radio Bygones, Radiophile, Model Engineer, Model Engineers Workshop, etc.

Edward
Old 11th Mar 2009, 8:20 pm   #2
Tazman1966
Nonode

Default Re: Magazine Binders for 'The Bulletin' & other A4 Magazines

Fantastic find Edward

I was only wondering yesterday how to keep my scruffy piles of "Television" magazines tidy. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12th Mar 2009, 8:09 am   #3
dsergeant
Octode

I have been using those Rymans binders for a few years for my copies of Television. WHS used to do a range but no longer and it seems the Rymans ones are the only ones left. Of course since we won't be getting any more copies of Television I won't be needing any more...

When you said 'Bulletin' I thought you were referring to Radio Communication (RadCom) but obviously not... I have just invested in the CD archives of RadCom going back to 1939 and all my old paper issues (not that far back...) have gone into recycling.

Dave
Old 12th Mar 2009, 10:05 am   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

They look very similar to the "official" ones for Television Magazine.

You can also use Magazine Files: A4-ish sized boxes with an open top and partially-open front, made of cardboard, plastic or wood. They're usually about 3"-4" wide, and are very useful for keeping magazines upright on bookshelves without the whole lot falling over.

e.g. http://img4.realsimple.com/images/ho...od-box_300.jpg

Nick.
Old 12th Mar 2009, 12:56 pm   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

The Rymans do look very much fit for purpose. I've tried lots of binder combinations for different mags over the years [being someone who does more reading than soldering] but I found having too many binders a bit cumbersome in the end-especially if you are doing a lot of referring to different issues at once. CD's are usefull but I like having the paper as well.
A set of old recycled shelves and a row of the Magazine Files Nick refers to is now my preferred option but a nice set of Binders might be more visually acceptable some locations. The [BVWS] Bulletin is almost a case apart. It's so well produced [no offence to the others] that I'm more inclined to frame them and hang them on the wall! Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 12th Mar 2009 at 1:05 pm.
Old 14th Mar 2009, 8:57 am   #6
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

I have in the past made similar binders myself. Not a difficult task using suitable board (mine started live as printing plate packaging), thin cord, and offcuts of Rexine or similar to finish.
Closed Thread