UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Mar 2023, 10:23 am   #141
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: PYE P75 radio conversion to guitar amplifier

Hello Roger,

I’ve just been peering over the fence at this and not posting mainly because I’ve been limiting computer use of late.

This looks a cracking project and build.

I see you went with the Fender/Marshall tone controls – this is one of those circuits that does what it says on the tin – so to speak.

Quote:
Starting to formulate some ideas in my head but haven't actually started. Thinking some sort of 12AX7 & EL84 combo in a push-pull setup. I'll start in earnest once I get this one fully finished, with new faceplate etc.
Without going at too much at a tangent I recently built a ‘mash-up’ of the Fender 5F6 (JTM45) with the Fender Deluxe AB763 6V6 output stage (without the Tremolo) and power supply. I used transformers bought at swap meets and jumbles etc. I used the Modulus amps JTM45 chassis, tag panel, pots, and front/back plates.

See post #3 in the thread below for some mug shots:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/....php?p=1511771

Quote:
I have a p/p 6V6, 2 x ECC83 amplifier I rebuilt a few years ago you can have. It’s minus its valves, they got used for something else.
That p/p 6V6, 2 x ECC83 amplifier will make a cracking starting point, either keeping the original circuit and adapting it or use the amplifier as basis/bed for a new circuit.

Regards
Terry
Old 26th Mar 2023, 12:01 pm   #142
RogerLLL
Tetrode

Default Re: PYE P75 radio conversion to guitar amplifier

Cheers for the link to your "mash up" project, sounds like a fun approach! Seems to me that there's lots of different ways to combine the different elements of a valve amp circuit, all of which can result in varying tone, overdrive etc, so there's almost no limit to what can be achieved.
Atm I'm capturing the 6v6 / ECC83 circuit as a schematic to enable me to work out any mods & tweaks to get it where I'd like it to be. Nearly done with that & will post in a new thread when that's complete.
Closed Thread