UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2021, 12:16 pm   #1
eddie_ce
Hexode

Default Help with OFCOM Site

Hi all,

I have tried to update the address of the main station on my amateur licence but have failed. All I can find on the Website is the option to change my contact/mailing address. This is shown correctly on the licence, however the station main address is still shown as my old address.

Do I have to contact OFCOM directly or can I change the main station address online?

Thanks for any help.
Old 18th May 2021, 12:22 pm   #2
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

Default Re: Help with OFCOM Site

Hi Eddie

When I lived in Dubai I did try to change my mailing address and that didnt work then either

I just gave up as the UK address was still mine anyway

Fred
G4BWP
Old 18th May 2021, 1:44 pm   #3

Many moons ago I had a difficulty with OFCOM and my licence, they responded quickly and helpfully to an e-mail. My problem was logging in as I forgot my password (twit!).

Old 18th May 2021, 4:05 pm   #4
crackle
Rest in Peace

I have found Ofcom generally quite helpful and quick to reply, send them an email.
Mike
Old 18th May 2021, 6:29 pm   #5
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Just drop them an email.

In times-past I used my 'professional' email-address to register with the OFCOM site as part of my license-validation/5Mhz NoV; having sold my business I no longer had access to that email-address to receive a password-reset [OFCOM having changed their internal systems which essentially invalidated extant passwords].

Dropping OFCOM an email - telling them my callsign, name, physical address and my 'license-number' [separate from my callsign but printed on the license-documents] got a reply within a couple of hours - which I thought rather good given that they were under the first COVID19-lockdown.

They matched-up my old license/NoV-details to my new account, sent through a bunch of confirmatory PDFs, and all was joy sweetness and light; I was then able to update my mobile-number (which changed when I no longer had a business-expensed phone) so I could continue to comply with the need to provide OFCOM with a 'method of contact to request shutdown' when operating on 60M.

That's the sort of Government service I like!
Old 18th May 2021, 8:47 pm   #6
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Yes, the site changed from https://services.ofcom.org.uk to https://ofcom.force.com/ at which point I cold no longer log in despite being fairly certain of my credentials.

A very helpful lady sorted it out on the phone.

I have never needed to change my station address , but I have just had a look, the mailing address is changeable in "Personal Details"

If you go to "My Licences" "hover" your mouse on your details. Four red buttons should appear, select "Amend" and you should see your "Main Station Address"
which is directly editable.
Closed Thread