UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 21st Mar 2021, 10:12 am   #1
llama
Octode

Default RCA 8844 Vidicon, Clacton area

Tendring Primary School run a recycling scheme (mostly via TerraCycle) but individual members are allowed to put up gifting or wanted items (subject to Covid restriction).

Imagine my surprise! A picture of a Vidicon in its expanded polystyrene casing. If my web search is right it would appear to be a 2/3 inch tube, sometimes found in security cameras of the era.

The owner is happy to hold onto it until travel gets easier so I offered to mention it here.
Graham
Old 23rd Mar 2021, 2:43 pm   #2
Trevor
Octode

Default Re: RCA 8844 Vidicon, Clacton area

I would like this for my old camera collection any chance and how much
Trev
Old 25th Mar 2021, 9:06 am   #3
llama
Octode

Default Re: RCA 8844 Vidicon, Clacton area

Well I assume it's free but just now there's the problem of collection etc during lockdown. I'll express your interest to the owner and I think she's happy to hold onto it until lockdown ends.
Graham