UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jan 2021, 2:49 pm   #1
TALKINGWITHPYE
Pentode

Location: Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK.
Default Hardware codes for Philips PRM80?

Hello all, I am trying to help a friend in Skelmersdale with porgramming a prm80 radio. The type code on it is LM40 and the hardware code is 9525 001 10003 but when I enter this into my hardware editor it is not recognised. Is it possible that this radio is a band 3 trunking type and therefore not suitable for 2 metre use?

Dave
GI8LCJ
Old 28th Jan 2021, 12:09 am   #2
Mascot-22
Triode

Default Hardware codes for Philips PRM80?

Dave
I don't know about the listed code , but in in the UK the band codes for band 3
mobile radios in the FM1000 & PRM80 series mobiles where ( unless some one knows better )
K1 174 -208 mhz
K2 223 -235 mhz both band 3
The K2 band licences are no longer used as this part of the spectrum is now used for DAB radio
for 2 meters a BO or A9 band set would be good.
From memory the hardware codes where formed from the physical hardware of the mobile , Band , Control Head , No channels Selcall etc

My old 486 computers hard drive failed some 10 years ago so did all my saved pmr files

The PMR 80 series mobile was a popular pmr set so there may well be further info on the net to assist

all the best Paul

Hi Dave

I can't remember seeing a PRM80 hardware code like the one listed although there were may variations and uses of this mobile radio.
I the UK the band 3 mobiles i saw where K2 220 to 232 mhz there was also a K1 band 174 to 208 mhz . this has now become the used band 3 slot as DAB radio had moved into the K2 allocation.
B0 & A9 sets are ideal for 2 meters , my old 486 computers hard drive died some 10 years ago which was used for programming the PRM 80's so have not dealt with them for a long time.
They seem to be a popular set down in Australia so a web search may find the required information

Paul
Old 28th Jan 2021, 3:20 pm   #3
TALKINGWITHPYE
Pentode

Location: Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK.
Default Re: Hardware codes for Philips PRM80?

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply, I got a pm message from another forum member and he sent me a large document from a chap in Australia which is useful although he doesn't mention the L40 type so I have posted an email to him but he is probbably in snore mode at the moment. Pity about your hard drive packing up.

Dave
Old 28th Jan 2021, 7:55 pm   #4
Jon_G4MDC
Nonode

Default Re: Hardware codes for Philips PRM80?

I found I had a manual for PRM8020 which contained the Sales Code, Technical Code and two pages of supplementary hardware code details.

LM40 isn't jumping out at me but maybe I should look at it for longer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRM80_HW.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	225499   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRM80_Supp_HW.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	225500   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRM80_Supp_HW2.jpg
Views:	127