UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 16th Nov 2020, 6:01 pm   #1
Fumblefingers
Triode

Default 10" LP sleeves Poly-lined.

Lots of people who enjoy fixing old record players are also collectors of the old records that play on them.
Yes, me too.
I wanted to buy some 10” poly-lined paper inner sleeves for the old style 10” vinyl LPs.
Everybody seems to have stopped making/supplying them, apart from a couple of overseas bods on eBay who are charging an arm, another arm, and several legs.
However I did find ONE dealer here in the UK who still sells them (and very nice ones too) at a reasonable price.
He’s Scott Nangle at SN Vinyl www.snvinyl.co.uk.
It’s a small business, and their postage is slower than a nudist climbing a barbed wire fence, but if you’re willing to wait (and willing to battle through their complicated website) then the sleeves are the best paper/poly-lined sleeves you’ll find.
Cheers!
fumblefingers
Old 30th Dec 2020, 4:06 pm   #2
whyperion
Hexode

Default Re: 10" LP sleeves Poly-lined.

I have found a record dealer in Nelson, Lancs market stall will sell paper inners - for a price - so that might be a suitable alternative for some people if the pvc is not a must have
Old 31st Dec 2020, 11:40 am   #3
DonaldStott
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumblefingers View Post
However I did find ONE dealer here in the UK who still sells them (and very nice ones too) at a reasonable price.
He’s Scott Nangle at SN Vinyl www.snvinyl.co.uk.
It’s a small business, and their postage is slower than a nudist climbing a barbed wire fence, but if you’re willing to wait (and willing to battle through their complicated website) then the sleeves are the best paper/poly-lined sleeves you’ll find.
I have been using Scott's services for many years now and patience is required as he is not just a small business but a one man business.

If you are looking for top of the range pressings of vinyl LPs (and you have the money!) i.e. AAA 100% Analogue "Remastered using Pure Analogue Components Only from the Master Tapes through to the Cutting Head", then his offerings of Jazz, Rock & Popular, Classical, Blues etc are second to none!

The 10" LP sleeves Poly-lined can be found here:-

https://snvinyl.co.uk/epages/eshop94...ter_Sleeves%22

I have no connection with SNVINYL just a very satisfied customer!
Old 31st Dec 2020, 12:47 pm   #4
Julesomega
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumblefingers View Post
Everybody seems to have stopped making/supplying them, apart from a couple of overseas bods on eBay
Isn't that because polythene and vinyl are incompatible and the vinyl slowly degrades? This has probably been discussed before

It's good here
Old 31st Dec 2020, 1:27 pm   #5
ajgriff
Nonode

I don't know about possible degradation but poly-lined 12" inners are still widely available. It's the 10" ones that seem to have become rarities.

Alan
Old 31st Dec 2020, 11:48 pm   #6
Julesomega
Nonode

Sorry guys, must have been thinking of CDs: I was just looking at a 12" LP in its poly inner since 1962 and in perfect condition. Maybe Whyperion can comment?

(I prefer paper sleeves)

It's good here
Old 7th Jan 2021, 11:46 am   #7
rontech
Heptode

I have bought plain 10" card sleeved covers for my collection of 78 rpm records; from

https://www.covers33.co.uk

They seem to have vinyl lined covers for all sizes as well. Efficient service too. I have no connection with them apart from being a satisfied customer.
Old 7th Jan 2021, 12:52 pm   #8
ajgriff
Nonode

I've also bought from 'covers33' partly because it's close by. Wide range of products, efficient service and reasonable prices. Another satisfied customer.

Alan
Closed Thread