UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Aug 2006, 10:06 pm   #1
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Default R1155

Hello all
I have just aquired a R1155 receiver in perfect original condition. I do not want to make any alterations to this so I need a circuit diagram or plans to build a seperate power supply with a built in audio amplifier. Has anyone undertaken this or could advise where to look.
Many thanks Mike.
Old 21st Aug 2006, 12:05 am   #2
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: R1155

Hi Mike

Have you seen the original Wireless World article from July 1946 on Maurice Woodhead's site? It includes a power supply design and output stage.

The link is http://vintageradio.me.uk/military/1155_ww1946.htm

Ron
Old 21st Aug 2006, 9:28 am   #3
GMB
Dekatron

The key thing to note about powering the R1155 is the unusual relationship between ground and HT- which tends to preclude regular power supply designs.
Old 21st Aug 2006, 12:30 pm   #4
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Hello
Many thanks guys, will have a look.
Mike
Closed Thread