UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 5th Nov 2014, 2:51 pm   #1
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Mordaunt Short MS35TI speakers/stands spotted in Didcot, £20 or less!

As per the title, there's a pair of these late-1980s(?) speakers, complete with matching floor stands, in the Didcot branch of "Helen and Douglas House" charity shop in the Broadway.

They're in pretty good condition bar a few dings here and there. Drivers physically undamaged. Not tested, but I'd be surprised if they didn't work; everything else I buy there seems to.

They wanted £20 for them but told me they'd stretch to £15 if I haggled

Sadly, I have no space...

Nick.
Old 5th Nov 2014, 5:00 pm   #2
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Default Re: Mordaunt Short MS35TI speakers/stands spotted in Didcot, £20 or less!

They're gone now. Home with me (thanks Nick ). They seem to be working perfectly but I will check the crossover out as I believe it contains MS's Positec thermal cutout (mentioned here http://vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21761) which might not have survived the decades in perfect shape.

I didn't haggle - Helen and Douglas House is too good a cause.

Cheers,

GJ
Old 5th Nov 2014, 5:10 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Mordaunt Short MS35TI speakers/stands spotted in Didcot, £20 or less!

Well done GJ, I'm glad you got them, and thought you might see my tip-off. They'd just come in when I popped into the shop at about 1:30.

I was so close to getting them myself, but the study where my hifi room already has 3 pairs of speakers sitting on the floor, so I had to force myself not to.

Yes, I don't haggle in charity shops either, though I sometimes tell them if I think something's excessively priced (e.g. £2 for tatty 7" singles in another Didcot charity shop!), or if they're trying to sell something valuable for peanuts.

Nick.
Closed Thread