UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2012, 9:37 pm   #1
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Cessna 300 nav/comm receiver

Does anyone have any info on this most interesting beastie - I know there are several variants - this one is full of compactrons and nuvistors.

I would like to know the connections for power and audio, as well as supply voltages.....

Being as it came in amongst a mixed auction lot, I would be rather hesitant to spend 60+ USD on a manual....

Cheers
Sean
Old 19th Sep 2012, 7:55 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Cessna 300 nav/comm receiver

Hi Sean, can you post a picture as I don't think Cessna made nav/com sets, so it may be badge engineered. There is also a lot of standardisation of connections between the various manufacturers.

Ed
Old 20th Sep 2012, 11:26 am   #3
jetstream320
Tetrode

Cessna Radios of this vintage were made by A.R.C. (Aircraft Radio Corp.) They were very unreliable compared to their competitors' products made by King and Narco. Their connections were also different from any others. They were designed to fit into the instrument panel of light aircraft.

Some of them required an external power supply unit. You will need a hefty 12 volt supply to run it. Chris.
Old 20th Sep 2012, 6:14 pm   #4
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Thanks Chris, having a nose around inside the unit, I can certainly see why they might be unreliable - I've seen tidier rats nests!

Time to Google!

Sean