UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jan 2006, 7:10 pm   #1
Keith
Heptode

Default A1134 info required

Does anyone know where I could find a circuit diagram or other info on the A1134 intercom amplifier as used with the T1154? As I see little hope of acquiring the real thing I thought I might attempt a replica. Looking at pictures on the web it appears to use a single (pip top?) valve. This would tie up with the power requirements of 150V/2V DC. I'm guessing that it's a simple triode amplifier with transformer matching on i/p and o/p.

Thanks in advance,

Keith
G3XGW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1134.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2398  
Old 5th Jan 2006, 10:04 pm   #2
Brased
Hexode

Default Re: A1134 info required

I haven't got the circuit of either the A1134 or A1134A immediately to hand but the A1134A is certainly a little more complicated. Mine is fitted with two valves (120V HT and 2V LT) - VR21 (210LF) and VR35 (QP21) - so presumably it has a triode input with double pentode push-pull output.

The thing that looks like a pip top valve in the photo is actually the hinged cover which gives access to the two valves. The VR35 is on the left hand side. The spherical bulge in the cover allows for the extra height of this valve compared with the VR21. The 'pip' is the fastener for a short coil spring fixed inside the cover which secures the valve against vibration.

I could take some photos if it would help - PM me.

Edward
Old 24th Jan 2006, 6:35 am   #3
John H.
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Keith,
Re your queries on the A1134 amplifier, I will be able to help you out with the circuit diagram and associated notes/component values etc for this but unfortunately I am away in Oz until end of March and all my files are in the UK. Edward is corect re the valve types and the power requirements.
The only difference between the amplifier A1134 and the A1134A is that the latter version has a low impedence output for headphones and the A1134 has high impedence output which was the earlier version.

Hope this is of assisance to you (but not immediately - sorry)

Regards, John H.
Old 7th Apr 2006, 6:22 pm   #4
John H.
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: A1134 info required - update

Message for Keith, G3XGW

Hi Keith.
Re your posting in January, do you still require the circuit diagram, components list and installation diagram for the RAF amplifier Type A1134, or are you now sorted. Am now back in UK so can onpass photocopies of these if still required.
John.
Old 7th Apr 2006, 8:37 pm   #5
GMB
Dekatron

The complete manual is available from my Air Ministry equipment list
Closed Thread