UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2007, 1:36 pm   #1
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Default Ekco bakelite at Somerton

Anyone near Somerton ?there is a Bakalite pre war Ekco in one of the 3 antique places upstairs .I dont know the model no ,I cant find a pic but its the one with curved sides and looks like its upsidedown , in that the bakalite bands run each side the top down the front and undernieth, looks like the feet on top . Condition , looks like its been somewhere damp
Old 8th Dec 2007, 3:14 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ekco bakelite at Somerton

From that description it sounds a bit like an AW70 although I can't see how it looks upsidedown.

For the benefit of anyone in, or passing through, the area, presumably this is the Somerton roughly between Yeovil and Glastonbury?

Any clue as to the price of the radio, also for the benefit of anyone interested?
Old 8th Dec 2007, 5:46 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Usually, Bakelite + Antiques Centre = Expensive
Old 8th Dec 2007, 8:03 pm   #4
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Its not that model . it has a smaller dial too . prob slightly older .I think they wanted £40 but i would expect them to drop the price once problems are pointed out .
Old 9th Dec 2007, 1:26 am   #5
yestertech
Nonode

Probably AD37 and a snip at that price !
Best pic I could find..........A

theres a better one here >> http://www.vintageradio.nl/Radio's/ekco_ad37eng.htm

PS I'd love it !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ad37.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	13890  
Old 9th Dec 2007, 1:16 pm   #6
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Yes thats the one .Its brown i think .there is some degredation to the tuning dial and grill cloth i rememebr , but I only looked quickly . the appearance of it having stood somewhere damp put me off when i peered inside . but at the right price It certainly would be a good one for restoration project .It really needs to go to an enthusiast .
Closed Thread