UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 27th Nov 2007, 10:20 am   #1
Alvin
Heptode

Default Ekco TSC48 TV for auction in Bexhill on Friday

Gorringes Bexhill sale this Friday has this mirror lid TV

http://www.gorringes.co.uk/asp/fullC...27427&saletype=

Alvin
Old 27th Nov 2007, 2:05 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Ekco TSC48 TV for auction in Bexhill on Friday

Thanks for that Alvin. Hadn't checked yet. Dave W
Old 30th Nov 2007, 4:32 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

That was a bargain it went for a tenner! If that was complete and a bit of cabinet work,it would look great.Mine was £90+vat at Sotherbys years ago although its very tidy.
Old 30th Nov 2007, 6:20 pm   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Hello Hamish-actually this set was a massive £12-04p overall! I've just struggled back with it [flu]. That's the way with auctions I suppose ie
supply and demand. I had to force myself out of bed this morning, it was raining and my nose was running as well. Not many there at first and there was no interest even when the catalogue photo was projected on the big screen! Plus I noticed that everyone just kept walking past yesterday [the lid was down] so it just looked like a grotty Radiogram [very scratched on top] and dull looking. The original h/book is there as well if you want a photo copy but it's more a leaflet really. The auctioneer thought it a "quirky item" and wanted to get on as the computer slide show started to play up. It was listed at £30-60 but if there is no interest! It was £141 [+] in 1948 as you will know. I won't go into any technical discussion as that requires another thread but I didn't even know that there were a couple of 1940's mirror sets made. I was really expecting something pre-war at first and was geared up to seeing it go elsewhere. On the other hand though, I had to go. When it's just around the corner it seems like a sign from above [one saying buy me!]. The auction house is fabulous as it was originally an Edwardian Railway Station.

Many thanks are due to to Alvin our usual "man at Gorringes" who is owed a drink if I ever see him in Lewes. I would have missed this lot Alvin as it wasn't even listed among the mechanical/collectables really. Four weeks ago I wouldn't even have been in the South East. I have to say though that I have seen very little Radio/TV related stuff at the Bexhill Branch previously. Dave W
Old 30th Nov 2007, 11:14 pm   #5
Alvin
Heptode

I only spotted it at it was listed as a television/radio receiver so searching the on-line catalogue for radio picked it up

Alvin
Old 1st Dec 2007, 2:09 am   #6
dave walsh
Dekatron

Cheers anyway Alvin. You are providing a valuable public service. The set is acclimatising nicely in the hallway here. I suspect that it has been out in the cold for a long time [50 years?] but definetely while sat in Bexhill West for a few weeks! Thanks again-it might have been scrapped if I'd not staggered down there! Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 1st Dec 2007 at 2:19 am.
Old 1st Dec 2007, 9:09 pm   #7
reelguy
Heptode

Very nice buy Dave.
Last time I saw a projection type TV like that was in the secondhand market in Liverpool in the early 60s. projecting onto a mirror if memory serves.
How complete is the inside?. The cabinet doesn't look too bad.

I gave up looking at the Gorringes website as it is mainly genuine antiques nowadays.
I drive past the Bexhill one every day but never know when the auctions are because the sign outside is too small to be seen from the road .

Peter W..........Reelguy
Old 1st Dec 2007, 9:15 pm   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I'm pleased it's gone to a good home. Well done Dave, especially with the flu too....

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread