UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Feb 2021, 10:38 pm   #1
Steview
Diode

Default Aiwa As 1250

Hello. I found this forum with a Google search.

I hope this has not been covered already. Since 2016.

I inherited the AD1250 and it turns on. But on pressing the play button there is just a screeching noise. I took the back off and the belts were melted and proceeded to put goo on my fingers.
I unscrewed some of the boards and I can get to the pulleys. But I am unsure of the routing of the 4 belts. Could someone draw a diagram? Please. I have taken some pictures. Kind regards.
Old 6th Feb 2021, 11:13 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Aiwa As 1250

This Forum link maybe of some help.

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...9N4uuZhMKzSGFp

The AD-1250 was one of my first cassette decks, I loved the styling, luckily never had to replace the belts though.

David
Old 7th Feb 2021, 7:25 am   #3
stevehertz
Dekatron

I also had the Aiwa AD1250. It was well reviewed by Angus McKenzie and I found to be a very nice deck with good ergonomics.
Old 7th Feb 2021, 11:04 am   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes it was the Angus McKenzie review that made me buy it at the time, sold it a long time ago, now wish I had held onto it.

David
Closed Thread