UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2020, 10:41 am   #1
PJC58-Hythe
Heptode

Default Mullard LP1159 Circuit Diagram

I'm not sure this is the right place for this information but I'm sure the Mods will move it if required.

I had occasion recently to repair an LP1159 module (the one without the oscillator coil) but could not find a circuit diagram. This led me to trace out the circuit and draw it up for future use so I thought it would be good to share this information with the forum.

Incidentally the fault turned out to be an open circuit internal capacitor on T3 which I had to replace with an external one, the symptom being virtually no output. I had initially thought it would be one of the AF11x transistors but these were changed to no effect.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LP1159 Circuit.pdf (426.5 KB, 207 views)

http://www.retroworkshop.co.uk
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 1:14 pm   #2
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: Mullard LP1159 Circuit Diagram

Thanks for the cct Peter ,well done finding the capacitor fault , Mick.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 5:40 pm   #3
Electronpusher0
Nonode

Default Re: Mullard LP1159 Circuit Diagram

Thanks Peter.
Peter
Closed Thread