UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 28th Sep 2020, 9:50 pm   #1
mickm3for
Hexode

Default Black metal valves

Hi looking for 1x 6L6 style metal valve if dud all the better + 2x 6sn7 style metal valve can also dud, as i want to take to peices and fit transistors in them for a looks right paraset radio build thanks Mick
mickm3for is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2020, 11:59 pm   #2
Gridiron
Hexode

Default Re: Black metal valves

According to information on Paraset I have, it uses a 6V6 and two 6SK7's. I've a couple of reject metal 12SK7's, maybe able to find something the same size as a 6V6, PM me if interested.
Mike.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2020, 7:25 am   #3
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

I've a 6L6 and several 6SK7,6CA7,6SJ7 types, drop us a PM if interested, Andy.
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 5:16 am   #4
FrankB
Hexode

Mick- I have never seen a 6SN7 metal valve,(and I have over 200,000 in my storage).
Would you please post a pix of it?
Tube Lore 1 & II do not mention a metal version. Is this metal tube a European version we never see in the States?
(They made a 6N7M that is basically a 6SN7 in a metal shell though, the same size as a 6L6M).
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote