UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 4th Feb 2022, 10:21 pm   #1
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Bt diverse 1010

Any got or can provide scan of the circuit diagram for a BT DIVERSE 1010 ?
Old 21st Feb 2022, 9:39 pm   #2
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Re: Bt diverse 1010

Am I permitted to bump this one. It's basically the charging circuit for the base that I'm interested in , as I know it will mate with my modern BT Dect unit.
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 2:42 am   #3
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Now I could be wrong about this, but I get the impression that handsets running off a pair of AAA NiMH cells often use nothing more than a current limiting resistor to trickle change the battery continuously direct from the wall-wart.
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 9:11 pm   #4
Oldcodger
Nonode

Thanks, Rabmo, thats a start. I've got the base and PSU, but although the PSU is OK, there's no volts at the charge contacts ,and there's a lot of surface mount stuff in the base. What I was hoping for was some idea of the charge circuitry. This one takes a pair of AA CELLS, but I've found that it will mate to the 2200 base using the instructions on the 2010 manual. So perhaps the circuit is not that different to the 2010 .
Any suggestions on the charge current /voltage for a pair of AA 750mAh rechargeables ?
Old 23rd Feb 2022, 1:08 pm   #5
duncanlowe
Nonode

Many (25) years ago we had one of these, and the handset only version no answering machine). In either the base, or the handset the charging contacts were connected to the PCB by pressure alone. This resulted in a poor contact over time. It came to light in an odd way. The handset used the charge voltage to detect that it had been picked up from the base, and would answer the call. What happened was the contact resistance allowed charging OK, but when the handset started to ring the extra currect dropped the voltage enough for the hadset to think it had been picked up, so answered the call without us knowing, and the caller on the other end could hear us.

So bottom line, check out those contacts as a starting point. Oh, and in case you didn't know the phone is actually a Siemens Gigaset.

EDIT: oh and the fact it will pair with another base station is actually to be expected. DECT specfied a thing call GAP, Generic Access Protocol. I've previously paired Panasonic handsets with our Siemens Gigaset system

EDIT again: The charging circuit can't have been very clever, as the thing would need replacement batteries quite often.

Last edited by duncanlowe; 23rd Feb 2022 at 1:13 pm.
Old 4th Mar 2022, 9:53 pm   #6
Oldcodger
Nonode

The phone itself is circa 23+ years old. The base is newer as the original was a rescue from a place which had a few power problems and it had a few surface mount caps with brown marks. Fortunately, a colleague was about to chuck out a set where the handset was dead.
I knew about the contact problem, but the contacts have no voltage to them. As to it's lineage, I knew that thanks to old BT mates. I knew about the DECT pairing is a throwback ( I suspect) to the opening up of the Telecomms market and consumer freedom. I've got both this one and a Dancal and at one time I had both paired to same base.
This model is fitted with AA size cells. Possibly to make battery replacement easier .
Closed Thread