UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jan 2021, 4:20 pm   #41
JamieEC
Tetrode

Default Re: JVC HR-7700EK / Ferguson 3v23 Issues

Okay slight issue, it looks like the tracking is a little off. For some tapes it seems ok but for some it wont go quite right, even with the control all the way to the left. I have not messed with any adjustments yet as I do not want to mess it up any worse.
Advice would be appreciated.

Also, Does anyone have a pinout for the audio connector on the back?
Thanks!
Old 24th Jan 2021, 5:52 pm   #42
JamieEC
Tetrode

The picture is also not 'aligned', there are parts of the picture which are moved left or right. For example, any straight lines going vertically are not straight. It's consistent across all tapes, very strange and not sure if this is even a mechanical or electronic issue.
Old 24th Jan 2021, 6:28 pm   #43
tony brady
Hexode

it sounds like a back tension problem. the back tension arm is on the left hand side which the tape goes around - try gently moving it one way then the other to see the effect on the picture. also make sure the tape path is perfectly clean, including all guide poles and the back tension arm itself
Old 24th Jan 2021, 8:42 pm   #44
JamieEC
Tetrode

I have already cleaned the tape path, will have a mess with the tension arm and see if it makes a difference.
Old 27th Jan 2021, 6:38 pm   #45
JamieEC
Tetrode

Hey all,
After playing about with this machine for a bit, I notice the tape starts to ride up near the pinch roller/audio head, is this the pinch roller causing this, or is it the tape guide being too high?
Closed Thread