UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Dec 2020, 11:02 am   #1
collisr
Pentode

Default B&O 8802 (Philips VR2022) - Controller confusion

https://youtu.be/uJ85FYbZKKs

Hello,

I thought I'd finally get round to looking at this Bang & Ulufsen video 2000 recorder which is a clone of the Philips VR2022.

I've been putting it off because I have never understood why these 1st generation V2000 machines tend to get all "confused" and never seem to be repairable.

I know some on this forum seem to have had success so I am hoping there is something basic here that I am missing.

Check out my YT video of the problem. Stays laced and front panel not responding at all. Take-up/Supply reels turning slowing all the time.

- I have tried the main controller board in a known working VR2022 machine and the controller does what it should - controller board working then

- I have tried a known working VR2022 power supply board in the B&O and no difference to the YT video - not the power supply then

- I have transplanted a complete VR2022 head deck into the B&O and no difference to the YT video - not the head deck then.

- I tried the "hidden reset button" while powering up. Clock resets to zero but no other difference.

Can anyone tell me what they test/replace/try out in these situations as I see variants of this problem in most 1st gen V2000s.

Many thanks

Rob

Last edited by collisr; 4th Dec 2020 at 11:03 am. Reason: Forgot to add YT link
Closed Thread