UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Dec 2020, 1:52 pm   #41
clockman
Pentode

Default Re: HMV 2634 12 inch mains portable Thorn 980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman1966 View Post
Fame and fortune for your little 980

You tried phoning me the other day but I was driving my bus and couldn't answer. I tried phoning back a couple of times but no answer. I'm on lates this week but off next Tuesday and Wednesday if you want to come round and collect although on a further soak test another fault has shown up. A very occasional momentary frame collapse a couple of times when warming up which sorts itself out after a short time.

I've enjoyed getting this set going as I really like them. I'll have to look out for a 981 16" version using the same chassis - much rarer.
Hi sorry i have not been in touch but have a lot on my plate at the moment i wonder if you can hang on to the little 980 for the moment i have been in the loft again so am reviving the two Amstrad pcws i have the new parts needed i have all the bits. allso have put stuff on ebay see me slogget i am working on two in very bad state radios a Ferguson 203U and a Steller sobellette 439 so i think the 980 is safe with you at the moment. allways give me a call . TAB
Old 30th Jan 2021, 3:12 pm   #42
Tazman1966
Nonode

Hello again TAB.

Just to let you know that the little HMV is safe, warm and dry here and is ready for you to pick up whenever such things are allowed. It's taking up no space at all so I can hang on as long as you like.
Old 30th Jan 2021, 4:50 pm   #43
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi.
Nice read chaps. Will need to dig out my 981, it needs a mask as it's broken in a few places and I need to get hold of a width sleeve as I gave it to another collector to get him out of a hole a few years ago.
Old 1st Feb 2021, 11:09 pm   #44
clockman
Pentode

Hi Tazman1966 Happy to no its safe with you i am still battling with my radios so if you can hang on to it till things get better and switch it on now and again i think that is the best plan. 1966 was a good year for me ?
Closed Thread