UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Old 10th Feb 2024, 1:38 am   #21
Phil__G
Octode

Default Re: Tiny, cheapy thermal printer for your retro computer!

Indeedy
Phil__G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2024, 11:07 am   #22
ChrisOddy
Pentode

No I had the right connection and baud rate, turned out to be Putty - I had some settings left over from NIBL that seemed to mess things up ! It seems to be working OK though I couldn't get Putty to send CR/LF so the printer would only print when it had a full line ?

Anyway I'm happy that it works - back on to finishing the other projects before starting another !
ChrisOddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2024, 11:20 am   #23
Phil__G
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
So essentially the printer RX / TX pins are marked with what you should connect them to at the host, rather than what they are?
thats right but I only used two wires, ground and receive (marked TX). The printer has a separate power input lead which I temporarily ran to a 2S 18650 lithium. No 'return' signals from the printer at all, just signal & ground. At 9600N81, CR & LF work fine on this one, either via Teraterm and an FTDI or via the MK14 or RC2014
Could it be a linux "lines end in LF" problem, whereas Windoze uses CRLF?

Its a great little toy for £15, you wouldnt LIST Startrek on it but for the novelty of incorporating a tiny printer Aim65-style its great!

BTW according to Wiki, "The AIM-65 is essentially an expanded KIM-1 computer", I didnt know that
Phil__G is online now   Reply With Quote