UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2011, 1:20 pm   #1
Kitradiocompany
Retired Dormant Member

Default 90V Battery Kit.

Hi are you vintage guys aware that a B126 replacement battery is still available from the Kit Radio Company, Kit type KRC-A-2, web site www.kitradio.co.uk
Old 17th Sep 2011, 11:09 pm   #2
yesnaby
Octode

Default 90V Battery Kit.

Yes!

I made up a 90 V battery kit from KRC.

After about a year it was only producing 67 V, I sent it back to them for 'repair' and when returned it still only produced 67 V!

But it does run my battery set based on DF96 etc valves OK.

Michael
Old 18th Sep 2011, 10:03 am   #3
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Default 90V Battery Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitradiocompany View Post
Hi are you vintage guys aware that a B126 replacement battery is still available from the Kit Radio Company, Kit type KRC-A-2, web site www.kitradio.co.uk
Interesting but please take this as a constructive comment, your website is not doing you any favours.

The "contact us" page is blank, I would never deal with a Company over the internet that I could not contact by phone. You can not navigate back to the Front page once you are into the other site pages.

If you sell "tools" then put them on the website do not leave it empty.

Regards
Mike
Old 18th Sep 2011, 10:52 am   #4
yesnaby
Octode

Default Re: 90V Battery Kit.

Hello,

To be fair to KRC, I think the web site has had a makeover, the old web site used to be much better!

Michael
Old 18th Sep 2011, 11:58 am   #5
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

No problems Michael,
I was not intending to be "unfair", but to offer a positive comment that I think is valid , a poor website is worse than no website at all for a business.

Mike
Old 18th Sep 2011, 12:07 pm   #6
Patrick Dixon
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelR View Post
The "contact us" page is blank, I would never deal with a Company over the internet that I could not contact by phone.
There is a phone number on the home page though
Old 18th Sep 2011, 12:40 pm   #7
Kitradiocompany
Retired Dormant Member

Hi folks, sorry to see so many negative comments. The website is a little lacking in fact it has not been finished AS YET. Thanks to the economic downturn I was forced to work for another company part time, and only run KRC about three days of the week. Hopefully I will get it together in time along with some new products.
Old 18th Sep 2011, 1:49 pm   #8
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
There is a phone number on the home page though
Yes Patrick,

Once you get into the site though you cannot get back to the home page without messing with the URL in the browser. Not everybody knows how to get back to the homepage without "navigation".

Mike
Old 18th Sep 2011, 1:52 pm   #9
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitradiocompany View Post
Hi folks, sorry to see so many negative comments. The website is a little lacking in fact it has not been finished AS YET. Thanks to the economic downturn I was forced to work for another company part time, and only run KRC about three days of the week. Hopefully I will get it together in time along with some new products.

Intended to be positive comments not negative, I personally favour dealing with UK companies , big or small.

A new potential customer can only judge you by the website.

In this instance you may be able to show how good you are by following up Michael who has dealt with you and check out if there is an issue.

Mike
Closed Thread