UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2011, 6:35 pm   #1
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Default Cossor 1049 Spotted in Birmingham

I popped into ye olde shop in Bearwood today and they had two scopes. I bagsied one - a Cossor 339 - but there was a reasonable looking 1049 underneath it. If anyone wants the monster 1049 the shop is only asking a fiver for it.

Shop (Feltons) is on Bearwood Road(details here).

TTFN,
Jon
Old 18th Aug 2011, 8:07 pm   #2
MrElectronicman
Heptode

Default Re: Cossor 1049 Spotted in Birmingham

Wow that's amazing, not the scopes, but that someone knows ye olde shop in Bearwood. I had not been there is quite a while, its a long way a way, , and am surprised it's still there.

As a kid I use to frequent the Army & Navy store further up the road, which was a great place for all kinds of stuff to experiment with. Last time I was there it had changed hands a couple of times I think.
Old 18th Aug 2011, 10:20 pm   #3
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Default Re: Cossor 1049 Spotted in Birmingham

I too am amazed - and glad - it survives. It is full of what can only be described as "stuff" and the stock on display is always changing. Good source of the more run of the mill valves, old semiconductors, provided you give him enough time to find them. The chap that runs it is always very helpful.

I do hope the Cossor 1049 can find a good home. Forgot to mention it is missing the bezel on the front. I didn't get to look inside, partly as I was having difficulty restraining myself from buying it, and partly because there was almost no space in which to examine it (and no-one present strong enough to lift it!).

TTFN,
Jon
Closed Thread