UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Aug 2020, 8:58 pm   #1
Avinunca
Triode

Default Valve testing needed Shropshire

I am keen to test four 300b valves, two of which were installed in my SET audio amplifier when it popped a fuse. Not sure which ones were in it. It was a while ago.
I would like to establish if it was one of these which was responsible and wondered if there was anybody within reasonable distance of Shrewsbury who could run a quick valve test for me at reasonable cost. They are quite pricey so I would like to be sure the person with the tester knows his stuff!
Old 7th Aug 2020, 1:19 pm   #2
Longespee
Tetrode

Default Re: Valve testing needed Shropshire

I have an AVO Mk2 machine, I'm not sure it's the best version for testing 300b's, but I'm just West of Leominster and I have tested my 300b' on it and a fee is not required.

Perhaps some may know the actual full 9 digit code for this valve and any points to take note of.

Regards

Sean.
Old 9th Aug 2020, 8:03 pm   #3
Avinunca
Triode

Default Re: Valve testing needed Shropshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longespee View Post
I have an AVO Mk2 machine, I'm not sure it's the best version for testing 300b's, but I'm just West of Leominster and I have tested my 300b' on it and a fee is not required.

Perhaps some may know the actual full 9 digit code for this valve and any points to take note of.

Regards

Sean.
Thanks to Sean's kind help valves are fully tested, so this thread can be closed.
Closed Thread