UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jul 2020, 4:00 pm   #1
clockman
Triode

Default Ultra TWIN Model R786 1953

Hi is there any one in the Hertfordshire area who can test my valves in a working set 1C2 1F3 1FD9 1P11 I know it's a long shot but worth a try?
Old 19th Jul 2020, 4:54 pm   #2
marconi_pete
Hexode

Default Re: Ultra TWIN Model R786 1953

Hi,
I'm in north London (Angel Islington Area) so may be able to assist if it's not too far for you. Alternatively you can test the valve filaments out of the set with a regular multimeter set to ohms range and hold them against the first and last pins on the valve. (Either side of the larger gap.) if you get a resistance reading then the filaments are OK. No reading would usually imply that the filament is open circuit and therefore dead. If you wanted to do a full emission test then you would need a proper valve tester but the method above should prove the viability of the valve anyway.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 21st Jul 2020, 1:31 pm   #3
clockman
Triode

Default Re: Ultra TWIN Model R786 1953

Thanks but now have tested the valves in another set and are all OK.
Closed Thread