UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Feb 2020, 5:47 pm   #1
BUSHVHF
Tetrode

Default Radio/record player repairs in Manchester area?

I have met some great repair people through this site, but my big problem now is that I do not have a car and this makes it IMPOSSIBLE to reach some places where some repair guys live, I am looking for a person to repair a record player or radio within public transport area of Manchester, is there anyone out there? I have a HMV model 2030 record player that needs looking at, was working fine but now just wont come on at all. thanks Bushvhf
Old 20th Jun 2020, 4:09 pm   #2
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Radio/record player repairs in Manchester area?

Hi,
Appreciate you post is from back in February. Just noticed it today.
Did you get sorted?
I am in south Manchester and can help repair/restore from my workshop here
I can come to you to pick up/ drop off equipment also no problem.
Best Regards
Chris

PS I will send you a PM
Old 13th Jul 2020, 10:16 pm   #3
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Radio/record player repairs in Manchester area?

Just to close off this thread...

I repaired the HMV record player.
Transistor amp with AD161/162 germanium output transistors.
No problems with the amplifier, capacitors good.

Two faults existed:
1. Rotary power on/off switch was faulty. The toggle action was sticking so the control could be rotated but the contacts did not make. Applying IPA or meths corrected it only until the solvent evaporated then the problem returned. Might have been repairable with switch cleaner etc... Decided to purchase and fit a new switch rather than risk any poor contact / arcing in the old switch.

2. Cartridge had been removed however two of the 4 wires had broken off at the crimp. Straightforward repair.

Removed some dents from the aluminium bezel
Also corrected the mains plug fuse - fitted a 3A one.

Mods please close this one - thanks
Best Regards
Chris
Closed Thread