UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Aug 2021, 3:54 pm   #1
bill knox
Hexode

Default Radiophile Publications

Hi

I have been on the site Radiophile Publications and I just want to be a little careful.

I have selected the publications that I want and gone to checkout but there appears to be nowhere to go to pay apart from the 4 "Icons" at the bottom, I clicked on the one for Visa and it came up and wants all my card details.

But, there is nothing there that says this page is anything to do with Radiophile Publications.

Has anyone bought anything from Radiophile Publications and come across this before?

Regards

Bill
Old 19th Aug 2021, 4:34 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Radiophile Publications

It does say that the website is closed and to contact Jo Miller for back issues.

https://www.radiophile.co.uk/

When the website was active you'd put goods in your basket and then checkout.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 19th Aug 2021, 9:20 pm   #3
Restoration73
Nonode

2 years on, surely the best tribute to Chas would be if the pdf's were put in the public
domain, say at worldradiohistory.
Old 21st Aug 2021, 12:44 am   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The bottom of the website pages has a Worldpay logo so if you are being taken there to pay then that’s correct and logical. Having said that I have never ordered so I don’t know what the payment arrangements were previously.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 21st Aug 2021, 7:53 am   #5
Cobaltblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restoration73 View Post
2 years on, surely the best tribute to Chas would be if the pdf's were put in the public
domain, say at worldradiohistory.
I'm not directly involved with Radiophile although I was a subscriber for several years in the 1980's/90's

Part of what made the Radiophile so good was Jo's artwork and she is still very much with us and entitled to earn a crust from her hard work.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 9:38 am   #6
Restoration73
Nonode

I had not realised the commercial interest was ongoing.

In which case, I certainly would consider buying multiple editions if issued on DVD.
Old 26th Aug 2021, 8:34 am   #7
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Nobody I am aware of able to put on a dvd though. Still, an excellent idea if there was and sure plenty would like it.
Old 26th Aug 2021, 11:51 am   #8
terry123
Pentode

I had the intention of asking Jo Miller if this would be something of interest i.e. assisting with the production of a DVD that could be purchased containing all Radiophile issues to help preserve the work that Chas had painstaking produced over many years and provided her with a little extra income. The problem may not be "pdfing" any of the radiophiles that exist from electronic form already but the numbers that might need to be scanned from paper copies and converted because they don't . With lock down , the cancellation of the Radiophile auctions and the fact at the time it had not been that long since the passing of Chas, I did not get the convenient moment that one needs to chat with her over what might have been a sensitive issue. Hoping that they do get preserved though.

Terry
Closed Thread