UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Old 4th Feb 2024, 2:28 pm   #1
Malcolm T
Hexode

Default Simple transistor electronic keyer for qrp help

Built it then re-built it , checked all components and connections , changed transistors but to no avail, the only things i do not have are the 3.3 uf caps so i,m using 10uf would this really make a difference , its just not working .
It seems like a good circuit adapted from an astable multivibrator .
Does anyone have any clues why this would not work?.
See the third circuit down from top of page.

https://www.abcelectronique.com/annu...r-astable.html
Malcolm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2024, 3:52 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Simple transistor electronic keyer for qrp help

The wrong capacitor values will reduce the keying speed by a factor of three.

If one or both of the capacitors is leaky, operation is going to be prevented.

The astable multivibrator like that has a bug. Depending on the gain of each transistor, there is a possibility of both transistors turning on at once.

Some voltage measurements are needed to get any chance of seeing what's going on. It's a good candidate for one of the newer digital storage scopes.

A good example of the very simple circuit if you count components, but which can be very difficult to get going.

David
Old 4th Feb 2024, 6:35 pm   #3
Malcolm T
Hexode

Default Re: Simple transistor electronic keyer for qrp help

Thank you, i will see if smaller caps do the trick first, looks like a search in the junk box.
Malcolm T is offline   Reply With Quote