UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Mar 2023, 5:54 pm   #21
PaulR
Dekatron

Default Re: Output from Marconiphone 4406 .

Is the Marconiphone actually worth all the palaver? If you are simply using the SP25 deck you could consider looking for a plinth for it on ebay and removing it from the case of the Marconiphone. Alternatively similar decks regularly come up on ebay.

I totally understand if it has some sentimental value. If that is the case why not get some speakers for it and use it as intended? You could probably test it using the speakers you already have for the Denon.

Just a thought...
Old 16th Mar 2023, 6:02 pm   #22
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Noting Post #11, the only reason I suggested a 5 Pin Din to 2 phono lead, is that I understood that the OP wanted to output the playback of the Marconiphone's record deck into the input of his Denon Receiver (referred to as a "CD Player"). It now sounds as if the OP also want's to play the output/s of the Denon Receiver through the Marconiphone's amplifier. Surely such an arrangement would give a more sub-optimal sound? Much confusion appears to pervade this Thread!
Old 17th Mar 2023, 10:04 am   #23
DMcMahon
Dekatron

I see that the Denon UD-M31 (photo 2 in Post 1) is a CD Receiver, so the reference (s) to CD player was misleading. A bog standard CD player would not have line inputs or an integral amplifier etc.

David
Old 17th Mar 2023, 12:20 pm   #24
tikiwagon
Triode

Sorry yes i should have mentioned it was a CD receiver, It seems to be working now just waiting for a new stylus and Din to 4 phono(i have ordered the one in the ebay link) I wanted to play it through the CD receiver but whatever sound is best and i know it is not the best unit but it cost me nothing and fits in well
Thanks
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 10:15 am   #25
tikiwagon
Triode

Thanks for all the replies on this, I have got a new stylus and decided to play through the Marconifone and it works quite well after setting up the balance on the deck
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 12:02 pm   #26
Station X

Is it really a "Marconifone"? I can't say I've ever seen it spelled that way, but I live and learn.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 6:56 pm   #27
tikiwagon
Triode

Sarcasm always wins, Should have checked my spelling first!
Closed Thread