UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2011, 10:16 pm   #1
Andrewausfa
Octode

Default Station marker labels

Does anyone have any top-tips how to make some of these up please? I have an Ekco which uses them in its push button section. The remaining ones in it are some type of white celluloid or acetate so would white painted projector film do? These particular ones are lit from the rear so the material would have to be heat resistant.

Thanks - Andrew
Old 31st May 2011, 11:08 pm   #2
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: Station marker labels

U199-A ? I have one lable some where your welcome to. Sods law it's same as yours. John.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:21 pm   #3
julie_m
Dekatron

Laser-printable plastic film has to be able to withstand the heat from the fuser, so should be OK to use to make your own station labels.
Old 1st Jun 2011, 12:29 pm   #4
neon indicator
Retired Dormant Member

However if it's cheap manual write only only OHP film, it melts and wraps around the fuser roller in the laser printer.

Ink jet printed on clear film is rubbish compared to Laser.
Old 1st Jun 2011, 12:59 pm   #5
Andrewausfa
Octode

Thanks for the idea AJS, there are some laminating pouch things in our graphics department that go through a heating process to seal them so I might try them. I have a laser printer within reach so I'll use that.

Thanks for the kind offer John, the Ekco is an A28. It has three of the five markers still with it but unfortunately the other two hadn't fallen through into the cabinet.

Regards _ Andrew
Closed Thread