UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 31st Dec 2023, 12:52 pm   #1
DrStrangelove
Banned

Default VR1000 in the garage

In the dim & increasingly distant days of 1977 whilst on the Ampex VR2000 training course in Reading, I met a chap with an Ampex VR1000C in his garage.

Which he was using for something or other that I can no longer remember.

Unlike our cousins over the water with their enormous basements etc. this is the only chap I've met in this country with such a beast.

Admittedly I have read that even the cousins have needed to saw a VR2000 in half to get it into the basement in one instance.

I wonder how they put it back together.

I had the opportunity to buy a scrap General Automation GA16-220 computer but passed on that, thankfully.
DrStrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote