UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jul 2023, 11:08 am   #1
spurdog1
Diode

Default I have a GEC BC 5639. Seeeking repairer "local" to Cheltenham/Gloucester.

Dear all

I am appealing for assistance please. I have a GEC BC 5639 which has power but is not functioning. It was damaged by Royal Mail. I can do the polishing, but the tech stuff, i need someone local that is willing to help. I am willing to pay (to a certain level), and deliver to you, hence local. Happily provide in

Please can someone assist.
I already have a Murphy 262 and a Cossor/Stella fully working. Do please PM me if you feel more comfortable.

I know of no other place to turn.

Kind regards
Old 15th Jul 2023, 11:48 am   #2
Station X

Default Re: I have a GEC BC 5639. Seeeking repairer "local" to Cheltenham/Gloucester.

When you say "damaged" do you mean physical damager to the cabinet and/or chassis?

Repairs to cabinets are much more difficult than repairs to a set's electronics.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 15th Jul 2023, 12:25 pm   #3
spurdog1
Diode

Default Re: I have a GEC BC 5639. Seeeking repairer "local" to Cheltenham/Gloucester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
When you say "damaged" do you mean physical damager to the cabinet and/or chassis?

Repairs to cabinets are much more difficult than repairs to a set's electronics.
The cabinet is scored by the power plug, which was shattered in transit, i will endeavour to attach photos on separate message. but I can only assume one or more of the valves may have gone. I am accounts trained, not a radio whizz, sadly
Old 15th Jul 2023, 12:33 pm   #4
spurdog1
Diode

Attached, hopefully. You can see the damage to the sides (which I should be able to repair) but its the carriage components i'm bothered about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230613_115556.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	281362   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230613_115600.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	281363  

Last edited by spurdog1; 15th Jul 2023 at 12:48 pm.
Old 19th Jul 2023, 1:25 pm   #5
cathoderay57
Nonode

I am based in Thornbury and happy to repair this set for you. You have a PM. Jerry
Old 19th Jul 2023, 3:16 pm   #6
spurdog1
Diode

Thank you, this is now repaired.
Old 19th Jul 2023, 3:56 pm   #7
cathoderay57
Nonode

I have just been advised by the OP in response to my PM that this set has already been repaired. Mods please close to save wasting anybody else's time. Cheers, Jerry
Old 19th Jul 2023, 5:33 pm   #8
Station X

Thread closed.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread